Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TWGMONIT.exe causes huge memory load

Status
Not open for further replies.

wimbo

Technical User
Apr 22, 2005
NL
I notice that twgmonit.exe uses more ram every day. After a few weeks up to 1,5 gb. This proces is started by the 'Ibm director support program' service, which sends data to the Director service. This happens mainly on Exchange 2003 serves. Anyone an idea how to tackle this ?

Not familiar with the executable, nore does google pull much info.

Sound like this causes a memory leak. Can you schedule a stop and start of this service, every day, at off hours. Just a quick stop/start.

TWGMONIT.EXE is the primary executable that IBM Director uses to monitor your system. If you are not using the current version of IBM Director (v4.20.2), make plans to get there. Each subsequent version of IBM Director includes the fixes for previous versions. If you are using v4.20.2, consider opening a defect on the product. The README has details on how to do this.

We also have a similar problem running 4.20.2. On a Windows 2003 server the twgmonit process consumes between 50 and 90 % of the CPU process it fluctuates between these figures. On a daily basis we do restart the Director services but the problem quickly re-appears. I would be interested in raising a product defect but do not know how. Does anyone have any thoughts.

Regards

Graeme

I have run into this with v4.11, 4.12, 4.20.2, 4.21, and 4.22. I think that Java subsystem does not gove the memory back. Try restarting the IBM Directoe support program service this should get you back on track. if you are having trouble stopping the service, use the kill utility. I believe that it is under %Director_Root_folder%\support...

On the only server that we are having this issue on we upgraded the agent to 4.22. This appeared to resolve the issue. Until today !! Were it has started again consuming memory and CPU.

I was hoping someone had found any further fixes or workarounds or able to advise how I can raise a possible product defect.

Frustrated

Graeme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back