Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tweens making movie playback harder? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubu

Programmer
Mar 3, 2002
RO
Hi guys!
I have a simple question...check the address below...first page, the "hand" animation:

I have optimized the images at maximum possible...when exporting from Photoshop, and inside the Flash movie also...I got a very small file size considering the details inside those images.

MY QUESTION: Why sometimes the animation (the hand movement) is playing slowly? ... because of the tweens? .. because there are several simultaneously tweens of large files inside the movie? can this be fixed someway?

Regards,
Dragos.

The slow speed is down to tweening the _alpha settings on the images, not so much the size of the images themselves.

Changing alpha levels is pretty much the most processor intensive thing you can do in Flash because the player not only has to place the image onscreen but it also has to go through each individual pixel in the image and compare it with the pixels in the image underneath to come up with the final mix between the two images.

If you have a big image then this means a lot of pixels and therefore a lot of arithmetic for the player so it will run slowly.

There's no way around this but you could speed things up a bit by making the actual fades shorter - cutting out a few frames - which would mean less calculations for the player and better overall performance.

Ok wangbar thanks a lot!

Regards,
Dragos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back