Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TVM50 Expansion from 2 to 4 port

Status
Not open for further replies.

brotech

Technical User
Jun 29, 2011
CA
I am looking for advice on the process to add more capacity to the TVM50.

I installed the 2 port expansion card in the VM unit and have it connected to a digital port in the TDA30.

i had hoped that when i did the reboot it the TDA would see the new ports in the TVM...but it does not appear so.

I suspect there is programming required in both the TVM50 and in the TDA30.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

You have to change the type of digital ports at your TDA30 from "Normal" to "VM(DPT)" and assign a correct numbers to this ports (according with port numbers at TVM50).

VM-DPT-ports_vps1er.jpg

Thanks IRED

Your picture looks a little different from mine. Are you using a Digital port for each Channel IE 4 ports for 4 channels?

I am of the understanding that 1 Digital port supports 2 Channels. I will snap a picture when i get back to site.

Maybe this is my problem as I am having an issue getting a Ring Group to forward to the Voicemail box that I set up for that Ring Group on a consistent basis.

I will send pictures asap, thanks again

brotech said:
Your picture looks a little different from mine. Are you using a Digital port for each Channel IE 4 ports for 4 channels?
I don't use VoiceMail at all - that picture was just for example.

Thanks Ired...are you able to confirm my understanding that 1 digital port will support 2 VM Channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back