Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TVA50 Email integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrnetworking

Vendor
Jan 27, 2016
US
Trying to set up email integration on a subs tva50, the do not have a local smtp server and would like to use 1 either gmail/outlook/yahoo...in doing this we keep getting an error on the trace to gmail abd tried @outlook.com addresses saying smtp server does not authorize plain or normal passwords... we have smtp over ssl checked, have tried both ways, ports 25/465/587 nothing seems to work..HELP!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=1cd9ba02-82c5-4df4-9e06-9684365a964a&file=20160127_120834.png
Try This:

EmailSetup_suln1b.jpg

Thats what we originally tried, and tried on 25/465/587....25 gives us connection refused, 587 and 465 give us error something to the tune of smtp server does not accept plain or normal password (auth) ...the one in the picture shows when we tried outlook....still kinda hung up here....

This is what we tried before...still didnt work...of course edited the email address/pass for security purposes

new3_picqun.png

Is it possible that your router is changing something when Port 465 is used?

I just used my settings and it went through OK on Port 465.

It will connect to port 465 that the smtp server does not accept PLAIN or LOGIN authentication. So it's connecting but can seem to make the authentication work...which will work with a computer email program...even tried using settings directly copied from my office that works....exact same settings, still no go...im.beginning to think corrupt/stuck software in the TVA

Did you try power cycling the TVA-50?

Sometimes a "glitch" can get in it.

Well, the next step would be to Factory Default the TVA-50 if you have not done that already.

If it still fails, then it looks a a bad unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back