Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TVA50 Alarm LED always ON ""PLEASE HELP !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPKG01

Technical User
Apr 24, 2007
MX
I´ve a KX-TVA50 connected to a KX-TD1232 but suddenly the alarm Led turned ON and I can´t connect to the VMail via USB (Is the only way that I have to connect). The VMail doesn´t work either.

The Alarm LED turned ON after I reconfigured the KX-TD1232 (I sent the Phone System to default parameters because the Password was lost).

I tried turning off the Vmail by a long period of time, reseting and shutting down VMail but doesn´t works. Every time that I restart the equipment the Alarm LEd turns ON and READY LED turns OFF.

Do you know what´s happening? I really need your help is very important for us.

Thanks for your help

yep you need to tell the td what port the tva is connected to after a reinit....

The Port24 is configured as VMail port on Program 117. On program 118 ports 24-1 and 24-2 have assigned the ext 165 & 166.

Is a requirement connect the TD1232 to TVA50 to access the VMail via Maintennance Console?

Whether the TVA is connected to the KSU or not will have absolutely no bearing on your ability to log into the voicemail via the TVA's USB port.

You should only have one pair (only the digital pair) from KSU port 24-1 (the violet green pair if it's wired to industry standards) to the outside (black/yellow) pins of the port 1 RJ12 connector on the TVA unit.

My previous paragraph is probably moot, as your initial post suggests the voicemail was already connected, and was already working but for some reason the alarm LED has come on and the unit has ceased to function. Is this correct? That is, is it correct to say everything was working just fine but just suddenly stopped working?

Pat MacKinnon
Omni Telecommunications Inc.,
London, Ontario, Canada

check to see if 3rd male amp has wiggled loose in other words make sure it is seated squarly/properly ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back