Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TVA50 AA not answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcook

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2011
US
I have installed a KX-TVA50 to a TDA50. The DPT integration is working, the quick setup went fine. I have assigned all ports and trunks to service group 1. My port status shows ready. Recorded new night and day menus. I cannot get the AA to answer even if I set it for manual day. I verified in 601 that the port and extension are set for VM. Any ideas?

1. What happens when you dial 500
2. Did you assign the trunks to 500 in 10.1 or somewhere down there?

LkEErie

Do yuo mean the VM floating extension number prog 660? Do you mean prog 500 trunk COS? I have to check that tomorrow.

In my MC, when I added a DPT VM group in 3.7.2, the default Floating Extension Number for VM1 is 500. Then, when I took the VM port OUS and set it for VM1, that made 500 be the number for the voice mail. Now, in 10.2 when you make 500 be the day and night destination for each trunk, it makes the VM answer. You keep the VM trunk group at default 1.

Now, in the TVA, you assign a Company Greeting or Custom Service menu to trunk 1 for Day and Night and see if you can get Company Greeting 1 to play what you have recorded.
If it doesn't work, turn on your System Trace and see what's trying to play. Probably 601 but that's another story.

LkEErie

I tried the system trace and got no output.

Let's do this again. You have a green link light on the VM. What happens when you dial the VM1 Floating extension (500) from any phone?

If the lady answers, you can trace.

I will do as you instruct. It is 2:4am PST. Will post as soon as I can try your suggestion.

Dialing 500 reaches the VM system.

SO we assumed they actually used the TVS75's AA. Nope. They used it only to manually transfer calls to VM. SO the installer had basically turned off the VM by setting the overflow timers to 60 seconds in the TDA. When I discovered that everything worked. Now they are pleased that they have an AA which they had never heard of before. Lesson learned. Ask a lot of questions, don't assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back