Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TV Tuner 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jminter

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2003
US
Just installed a TV Tuner. It has an audio/video input, however I'm connecting my camcorder to it. My problem is I can get video with no audio. The audio in slot on the tuner is not an RCA. Anyone know how I can get audio?

Sounds like your tuner card uses a headphone plug, and your camcorder has rca plugs. Just get a headphone to rca audio cable, available at any Best Buy, Circuit City, Radio Shack, etc. If your camcorder has mono sound, you'll want to get an rca y cable as well because the tuner input is expecting two channels of audio.

My first guess would be that it is not an audio input, but rather an audio output. You'll have to get a "headphone to headphone" connector cable and send it from the audio output on your TV card and sendit to the Audio Input on your computer. Make Sense?

I have on more than one occasion come across a card that was mis-labled - or the manual had a mis-print. In any case, the "in" was actually the "out" and vise/versa. Most of the hardware comes from Asia and proof reading could definitely be improved. I also agree with Suggestions from others regarding the cableing or adapters may solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back