Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TV Tuner Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Startracker

Technical User
Jul 5, 2002
US
I installed a TV Tuner Card (Sabrent SBT-TVFM TV Card) on a Win98SE machine, looks good in Device Manager. When I open the operating software (Honestech TVR) I get an error message---FineInterface IID-IAM TV Tuner--and all that is shown is snow. Any ideas as to the cause?

Have it attached to analog cable, tested with two known good jacks. When you set the RTV program to Cable I get the same results. Do you know what the Interface is that the error message is refering? The TV captrue card has a Phillips 7130 chipset, which is susposed to be pretty good.

Does it have an auto tuning function to locate available stations?

Never heard of that brand name of TV Tuner. Ask the manufacturer or vendor about a refund if you dont like it. There is a good chance if the manufacturer has a website, that there are newer drivers available.

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back