Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tutorials 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gargan

Programmer
Apr 18, 1999
US
Ah, the age old question of clueless people trying to get started with a language. I've been to and looked at the specifications and faqs and such, but it's a bit much. Are there any XML tutorials around?

I've been to Ziff-Davis Online and they offer a course in XML. Haven't signed up for it yet, but most likely will after completely the one I'm in now. Have taken courses there before - worked out well. And the price is right! That's at zdu.com.

ZDU course is good but look around for more info on the web. Lots of goodies out there.<br>
<br>

Anyone out there really used this yet? Does it work or is it pure vapor?<br>
<br>
-Z

zoneranger,<br>you can bet it's not pure vapor.&nbsp;&nbsp;it will/shall be big if not totally necessary.&nbsp;&nbsp;It'll be used from everywhere;&nbsp;&nbsp;internet to setting your Mr Coffee if MS has its way and stays its course.&nbsp;&nbsp;Of course I'm going on month old info so it's probably changed &lt;g&gt;<br> <p>John Durbin<br><a href=mailto: john@johndurbin.com> john@johndurbin.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>ICQ #9466492<br>
ICQ VFP ActiveList #73897253

It's very real, we just used it in one of our projects. <p>Steve<br><a href=mailto:tribesaddict@swbell.net>tribesaddict@swbell.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

so did we...<br><br>and SVG (the new W3C vector graphics standard, implemented by virtually all major vector graphics companies) is written in it... XML is going to be here for a while. Good thing, too. <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

oh. I meant to say that I found out a good chunk about XML through <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> ... they have a lot of good stuff about a lot of different languages, check it out (free classes! not bad..) <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

Hi there,

Well, lots of links here!! I have a tip for newbies anywhere. Want to learn a language?

First of all: Read, read, read and read. No one likes reading, but if you want to learn, just read. Internet, library, whatever.

Second: After you read, you go experimenting. That works for me!! Build websites with no content.

Third: If you think you understand it, write a tutorial. If people understand your tutorial, you know you understand that language. That's my way of learning a language.

Three usefull tips....

Mr Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back