Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tutorial on Project Management 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

munther

MIS
Jan 28, 2002
US
Hi All,

Does anyone know any free websites that teaches the basics of Project Management.

Thanks for any info.

Storyteller,

These sites don't teach anything about Project Management...they are selling their courses...and the Microsoft site is for information about the Microsoft Project software.

Hello backoffice,
Fair enough.

However, the site is essentially the defacto starting point for Project Management.

The other suggestion I would have for munther is to use a search engine like and search for "Free Project Management Training" and see what comes up.

Good Luck,
Michael
Microsoft Office 2000 Master Instructor
Corel Certified Instructor WordPerfect 9

I can't quibble with pmi.org being cited as the holy grail, but can't believe no one has mentioned pmboulevard.com's PowerPoint presentations. Yeah, I know you have to "register" to use the free materials, but they're the best quick and dirty "get up to speed" references I've found.

There are so many good sites on the internet, but nothing can teach project management like hands on experience. I have never seen a project yet that didn't take some creative management to get through the hurdles. The following web link has three overview classes you can look through, the other have some good information or forms that might help you get through a project and the last one is an area I found while studying for my PMP that can help you test your knowledge, but cost $30 a test.

This is testing area.

Here are a few pages that I maintain that cover PM and have tutorials:
(also browse through )

There are other pages you can reach from and I have written extensively about PM in
You might also want to check a PM forum I have on Delphi at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back