Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turnkey Hotspot Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa

Programmer
Jul 12, 2002
US
In the past few weeks I've been looking locally for some public wifi hotspots for my own use and have come up empty on my searches. Always looking for a way to make a buck, I thought about starting a business installing turnkey wifi hotspot in local businesses and wanted to get some opinions on the best way to go about doing this. Obviously I'm not the first to ever come up with this idea, so has anybody "been there, done that"? I've come across a couple of sites that offer turnkey solutions such as or a more DIY solution like Has anyone dealt with these companies (or other similar companies)? Is there a profitable business opp here? I'm by no means a networking guru, but frow what I've read, it seems that anyone with a little smarts can do this. Any thoughts or links that can help me get pointed in the right direction? Thanks...

mwa
<><

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back