Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turning off "Executed Successfully" inside the Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYme

Technical User
Mar 17, 2003
AE
I am trying to turn off the "The Query was Executed Successfully" OK dialog that appears after my query has run.

I have tried putting the setwarnings=false statements around the query, but that gives me an error when saving the Query.

This is my query:

UPDATE FieldProd INNER JOIN GROUPSUM ON GROUPSUM.PROD_DT = FieldProd.PROD_DT SET FieldProd.AllocFactor = GROUPSUM.Sum_Oil_Vol / FieldProd.FieldOilVol;

I have my query set to run automatically when the database is opened. So where should I place the setwarnings (or any other command) to prevent the OK dialog box popping up after the query runs?

Thanks,

Simon

Try going to Tools/Options, Edit/Find tab, & unchecking the "Action queries" option in the Confirm group. You might want to disable the "Record changes" option, too- that will get rid of the rest of the annoying warm & fuzzy messages.

Thanks for the info. One problem though...

It worked great when I ran the query through MS Access.

However, I am utilizing the Access Jet Engine in a 3rd party application, thus I do not have the MS Access Tools/Options available through there (even if I do turn those messages off in Access!).

Is there any way to make the query not display that OK message, from inside the query? Is it possible to set a parameter in the query to turn off the OK finish dialog?

Thanks again,

Simon

Take a look at article #229802 in the MS Knowledge Base; it expands a little on macro & code/VBA methods to change the settings at run-time

I'll do that.

Thanks for the input.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back