Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turning Off Preview After Conversion? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark929

Programmer
Nov 30, 2001
US
Is there a way to turn off the preview of converted documents? I have to convert about 100 individual Access reports to PDFs, and having to close the Acrobat preview after each conversion really adds time to the job. Is there a switch for this? I can't find it. I'm using the older Acrobat 5.0.

Thanks

Mark

That's usually handled before the conversion process by the pdf creator. See if there isn't a check box something like "view pdf after conversion" that comes up when you open the convert from Access.

jmgalvin - Thanks for the quick response. I have looked for the checkbox or switch in Acrobat Writer before starting the conversions. I've checked in Options and Preferences, but can't seem to find it.

Thanks again for your reply.

Mark

On my machine, I can Print - select Adobe PDf as the printer and then select PDF options. In there there is a setting for "After pdf Creation" I can select "Launch Nothing" or "Acrobat" . The first leaves things alone, & the second opens the new pdf in Acrobat.

That's the switch I was looking for. I was looking in the Acrobat Writer settings instead of the print settings. The preview is now off.

Thanks very much for your help.

Mark

open acrobat distiller and uncheck the checkbox in the settings for viewing the pdf after converting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back