Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

turning off overwrite 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCrone

Technical User
Dec 25, 2002
US
By accident I somehow turned on the function that causes Eudora to overwrite text in message body rather than insert new text at cursor and I can't find instructions on how to turn it off. It's driving me nuts! Help, please!

You'd think after all these years Qualcom would perfect index and keyword searches in the help file but it's still TERRIBLE.

Toni McConnel
TechRite Associates
Technical Article Ghostwriting

I don't think this is a function of Eudora, but rather a toggle. Look in the lower right of the Eudora status bar. If you are in overwrite mode, you should see OVR (to the right of NUM). Toggle this using the INSERT key on your keyboard. The OVR should disappear and you will be in INSERT mode. Pressing INSERT again, will toggle OVR mode.

And for those of you who don't have an insert key (like I just had a problem with) it's the help key. :)

To "nookieinVa"...
Errrr...,uhhhh..., I would change your user name if I were you, unless you intend to suggest you provide sexual services of some sort. I'm not ruling out the possibility that maybe you do intend exactly that! :-] But I think the greater possibiblity is that you are quite young and unaware of the scatalogical meaning of the word "nookie"? If so, look it up! Is that your real-life nickname, by the way?

Toni McConnel
TechRite Associates
Technical Article Ghostwriting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back