Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

turning off Epo agent via script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midiean

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2001
US
I am working on a project to implement personality migration across our network for smooth system transfers. My problem is the ePO agent and Antivirus are set to scan everything as it is accessed, file scaned, tranfered and this cannot be disabled thanks to the security nazi we have. Is it possible to bypass ePO and turn everything off with out having to utilize the ePO console to manipulate each system with a batch script or vb script? Transfer times on a system that does not have mcafee on it are around 3-10 minutes based upon size. those with Mcafee enabled are tranfering around 2-4 hours for the same amount of data. Any suggestions?

It is likely that your 'security nazi' also has ePO configured to not allow for the modification of associated files and settings as well as preventing the termination of any process associated with McAfee. (This is an out-of-the-box setting AFAIK). So this would likely prevent a script to shut this off while you do what you need done. That said, I would approach the keeper of ePO with this option: Turn off on-access for this time period for this group of users, complete your work and then have him/her schedule a full-scan once your work is done. That may be a good compromise. As one who works with ePO directly, I have done exactly this to the satifaction of all and without, in my opinion, compromising my company's security.

oh, i've already tried the civil route, with no success. Now in order to get past his majesty, i have to go around him.

Sorry you have that type of roadblock - that's never a pleasant thing. There may be hacks to get around this (though I've not heard of any) but somehow, someway, on-access is going to have be turned off OR your project will get done in, say, oh about 10 years.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back