Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turning Off Color at Print Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinker

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2001
US
Is there any way to turn off colors used when printing? I am using Seagate Info 7.5 and Crystal Reports 8.0. I want my customers to have colorful reports since they will just be viewing them from the desktop for the most part. However, if they need to print them out none of them have color Printers and need a black and white copy to print.

I am pretty sure that the colors will convert automatically to black and white if they try to print. You will probably get various shades of grey.

I don't know of a way to actually change the color for printing, since the preveiw is generated by the printer driver of the selected printer. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

I use Navy and Black in my reports - a little colour, but not too wild. And, Navy prints as black (not grey), so that avoids the problem you described.
Malcolm

I'm having a problem where I designed a report with a printer driver for a black and white printer. When I try and print on a colour printer it still prints in black and white even though it gets displayed in colour.

I'm using ASP.NET 1.1 and the bundled version of CR.

Can anyone help?

[red]G[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]r[/blue][green]r[/green][yellow].[/yellow][white]..[/white][yellow]m[/yellow][green]e[/green][blue]e[/blue][purple]o[/purple][red]w[/red] [cat2]

For both questions I would suggest that the answers lie within the printer settings for each printer. For the mono printer, there is generally an option in the print settings to print in either greyscale or alternatively in black and white. The latter will default all colours to black rather than shades of grey.

For the colour printer, is it not simply a case of enabling colour printing within the printer settings in CR?

Lido
Development & Reporting
UK

I agree with Lido. Many printer drivers let you set up a colour translation table, which would let you specify that all colours show up as black. Look for the 'Color Management' tab or something similar in the printer's property sheet.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back