Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turning off Autocommit & "driver not capable" error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryAshford

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
GB
Any programmers out there? :eek:)
Assuming that transactions are supported in MySQL version 3.23.38, how is it that when my ODBC application does
SQLSetConnectOption(..,SQL_AUTOCOMMIT,false)
the call fails with error message; "Driver not capable" ?

SQLGetInfo(..,SQL_TXN_CAPABLE,..) returns SQL_TC_DDL_COMMIT
which would indicate that transactions are (should be) supported(?)

Is this a bug with the version 3.51.05 MyODBC driver, maybe I have the wrong version of MySQL or do I have to do something to the database to turn transactions "on"?
Many thanks

Thanks for your reply.
I'm not trying to use any tables just yet.
I am trying to tell MySQL what I want the transaction mode to be once I have logged on, i.e. manual transaction mode.
Can this be done at the connection level?
Maybe I have to have one or more innoDB tables before this will work?

Thanks, this is great.
So I guess it would be true to say that whilst innoDB tables support transactions, the API call; SQLSetConnectOption( SQL_AUTOCOMMIT, on/off) is not supported by MySQL.

Ah- good question.
I am using an iMac running MacOS9.2.2 talking via Openlink's Generic ODBC driver and the iODBC Driver Manager to a Win2k DataDirect ODBC datasource at the other end which is talking to MySQL running on a Linux box!
So I guess I am using Openlink's ODBC API. I seem to remember getting the same error when I used Merant's 3.51 Driver Manager.

(How am I doing this? - Check out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back