Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

turning a pig’s ear into a silk purse 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gypsy200

Technical User
Sep 8, 2001
US
Hello fellow computer junkies this is yet another case of attempting to turn a pig’s ear into a silk purse. Nevertheless here goes. I have an NEC Ready 9883 computer manufactured on 12/07/1998. It has a 20 GB Hard Drive, 256 MB of Ram with an Intel 82443LX Chipset, 333 MHz/66 MHz Intel Celeron A processor, slot J4F1, SECC (2) Slot 1, 2.0 Voltages, L2 on board Cache. Mainboard MU440EX the question is what if any processor can I replace the Celeron with to increase performance. Any information given will be most appreciated thanks……. Gypsy200

Don't even go there, gypsy200, you're gypping yourself.

Take a look at thread749-422160 at the long post I just made and decide for yourself.

Granted, budgets ARE, and that's that.
Just the other day picked up a decent Codegen case (less than $50) and a bare-bones mobo (bought an Iwill KA266 with 512 Mb PC2100 RAM and an XP1300+ processor installed for $150), used the old 30 Gb hard drive and floppy and CDROM and ATI Rage Pro Video card and had a decent enough system...$200 in new parts. (+my modest fees)

Eminently upgradeable, too, and at 1st free paycheck the happy owner will part with about $130 and get a GeForce 4 Ti something (probably 4200)

That's a better road to me...

Gargouille thanks for the speedy reply. Yes you are 100% correct just wanted to have a professional confirm it. Thanks once more gypsy200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back