Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

turn on red lamp when messages in a group voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlfonsoSF

Vendor
Mar 3, 2009
ES
I'd like to use a group voice mailbox.
Is it possible to turn on the red lamp in all the group terminals when a message is left in the group mailbox ?
I did not find the way.

If you mean: For a Hunt Group,
For each user that you want the light on,
Under Source Numbers, Add the letter H and the hunt group name
Example: My hunt group name is TaxSpanish
Enter: HTaxSpanish

How does this show up in visual voice (i'm running embedded) as a message on a different box? Also does it still require password access to the HG box? I have deleted source numbers to force users to input passwords on login.

The first line is Listen the second line is the group name
but you can only retrieve messages not record the greeting etc. from VV

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

For notification add H<groupname> and for Visual Voice add V<groupnumber> to a users Source Numbers.
No password required for visual voice mail access.
Pressing the VM butoon will show own vm box at the first line, scrolling down will show the group mail boxes (depending of the phone type, this is for the 1608/1616 phones)
It will show the group name and x/y/z were x = new messages, y = read messages and z = saved messages.

You can add multiple groups in the source codes but I don't know the maximum of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back