Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn off light on softkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwados

Vendor
Oct 30, 2001
US
Have one user whose extention is programmed as a softkey on all phones. Whenever he is on the phone, that button lights up on all phones. Is there a way to keep that softkey but have it not light up or add another extention on that phone that he can use?

reprogram that button to be another extension number ...

Still want that button to be the same extention, but don't want the rest of the office to know that that person is on the phone. It's all political.

Add a unique number to the users phone and have them make calls from that.

We are using T7316E. We have DID's that come over a PRI. Is it possible to assign more than one extention to a phone?

It sounds like you want that particular phone to be able to go unseen when using the phone on whoever has the extension programmed as a button. It can't work that way. If it is assigned on a phone, it will show when it is in use no matter what. You can assign as many extensions as you want to a phone as long as you have buttons that you can assign them to. But i think you are trying to assign an extension to an extension, for instance, if my phone is ext. 222 but i want to use my same phone as ext. 222 and add,say 223, and be able to switch between the two when using the phone, the answer is no.
Gabriel

You can assign the extension to a buttons that don't have a lcd indicator. You'll still have one touch dilaing to the ext but there will be no indication that the phone is in use.

You can assign target lines to phantom exts and put answer dn buttons of the phantoms on the phones you wantto have multiple exts. But you can't have more than one actual ext on each phone.

Why!? Are they up to no good? The whole point of using an indicator key to put an autodial ext is so you know when they are on the phone, so you don't bother them. If you dan't want that option, your only fix is to move that key to one of the 8 non-indicator keys at the top of the T7316E. If it isn't the person that can fire you, tell them to get back to work and stop being an ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back