Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn off extra pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteEEnerd

Programmer
Feb 19, 2008
US
Is it possible to turn off the extra pages of buttons on any of the IPO phones? Many of my users don't use them, and some get confused when they accidentally hit the page button and are looking at a blank screen.

Thanks!

First thing I always tell people when I am training is that if they are in the phone menu and it doesn't show a=, b=, c= then press the exit button. That will get you back to your home screen.

Don't think it is possible to "remove" the extra buttons.

Okay, thanks for the tip. I will remember that for the training.

Dear Lord please save us all if people have gotten to the point where they are so incredibly stupid that they actually get lost in a phone. How do these people find their way back to their desk after going to the bathroom?

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

it happens to me all the time i get calls about it. also when someone plays with the labels.....

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

kwing,
When they call how do you remember where all of the users desks are?

Its really hard to find them all. i draw maps of every site.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

you can always make an easy shortcode (just for the reason that those users are not the sharpest tool in the shop) and take the button away from their phones. I have also customers that complain that their phones intermittently go on speaker but there is nobody paging (yeah whatever). Then I tell them that it is probably someone pressing the button by accident and then hanging up or worse putting it on hold with the newer releases when they just press the second CA button but then of course you can see it in the call status/ SSA and catch the culprit.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back