Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn off Button / Keypad tones on 5410 / 5610 possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupra20v

Technical User
Dec 13, 2005
GB
Hi

Is it possible to turn off the button tones, ie the tone generated from the keypad on the phones ?

TIA

No not possible
You can turn it down but the ringer will also be turned down

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Why, this is a bug in the latest versions.....

Greets Peter

Bug ?

I know when you dial quickly it will stop generate tones but you must be very quick
If you slow down a bit it will generate tones again

Ah, not what i was hoping to hear, got a couple of users constantly doing my head in about how they want their phone silent on the keypad front.

Is there no way around this ? Any news on the bug fix ?

You could try to diable the speaker phone in 4.1 but i think it won't mute the keypad (never tryed realy)

Hmmm not good, for my own sanity anwyays.

Any of the DS or IP range support turning it off ? Seems like such a simple thing that its hard to see why there isnt a standard option on /off kinda thing.

Why do people ask to do these types of things? It is a phone after all. Do they have phones that act like this at home? How about thier cell phones? Do they have the DTMF turned off for that too?

It's like buying a mercedes and asking if the star can be removed on the hood.
A simple (but polite) NO to a customer is also an answer.

If you answer quick and firmly after a new install these answers are generally accepted by the customer. But if you let it linger and get in to trouble with "have to ask avaya" or "it may be a bug" they will never get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back