Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn Off Auto-Attd

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoGirl

Programmer
Aug 16, 2004
US
Hello all! How do you turn off auto-attd? Line 145 rings on everybody's set at a remote site. After 4 rings, it goes to auto-attd. The users want it to ring until they answer it. Prime set is 221, and it is "ring only" there. Set 221 is not set up to forward-no-answer anywhere. General Delivery is turned off in FTR 983. In FTR 982, 'atdt avail' is no, and 'atdt' is none.

In AA admin, in FTR 983, line 145 is set to ANS: N. What else do I look at?

System is MICS 5.0/NAM 4.1. But, they generally just use LEC voicemail, not the NAM.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Marie Curie

Feature 983.......A.A.........Lines..........Line 145.......Change answer to NO.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I've already tried this, to no avail.

Marie Curie

If they dont use the NAM, why not shut it down

Is it in night service?

There are 4 users on a different floor who use the NAM voicemail.

It is not in night service.

Marie Curie

Is the redirectDN patch loaded?

That was a problem with these symptoms,sorry i didnt think of that earlier

Or you can login using the NVM Manager and change the settings of Redirect DN

silver987: I checked again, and set 221 is not set to fwd no ans anywhere, nor does it have fwd on busy set.

senk1s: I changed Redirect DN to 'no', but calls still go to AA after 4 rings. Is there a way for me to remotely check to see if the patch is loaded? If it isn't loaded, is my assumption correct that I will need someone onsite to load it? What are the procedures?

Thank you for your assistance!
Marie Curie

it is as simple as this
stick the floppy with patch in the NAM
reboot and hear ascending tones
pull the plug
take out floppy
power on

Do I need to obtain the patch directly from Nortel, or is there an easier way of getting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back