Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn Multi-Value Parameter Results into Individual Reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CindiN

Instructor
Jan 30, 2001
US
I posted this in Reports Forum without any response, I'm hoping to get some assistance here because this forum gets more hits. Please forgive me for doing this, I know it's bad, but I have to turn this in tomorrow morning.

I have a query that includes a multi-value parameter and I'm trying to figure out how to create a separate report based off each value.

The query lists courses taken by each employee, and I have a parameter that allows the user to type in multiple employee names. So in the parameter box, they can type Joe;Frank;John and the query results will show all the courses taken by each of these 3 names. Now, how do I get the Report to print 3 separate reports for each name? Right now, it will only print one report for the 1st name.

Thank you so much for any assistance.
CindiN

You may want to try using Sorting and Grouping in the report. Right click anywhere on the report and go to Sorting and Grouping.
After doing so select the name of the field you want to sort, for example, student name, choose Yes for header and footer, select Each Value for Group On, choose the number of characters you wish to sort by in Group Interval, and select Whole Group to keep each name and detail on a separate page. Put the student name control in the header, and in the footer, put a page break using the page break tool from the toolbox. I hope at least this gives you some ideas as I do not post here often and am still learning some things myself. Hope this helps.

Thanks 426Hemi, It took some doing, and some strange rearranging, but it works! I really appreciate the quick response. I turned it in this morning, and they're very happy!

Again, I thank you!! [bigcheeks]
CindiN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back