Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn mouse pointer into an hourglass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christheprogrammer

Programmer
Jul 10, 2000
CA
Hey everyone - TGIF - I'm running some stored procedures on a SQL Server machine based on user input... But it takes about 20 seconds, and I'd like to turn the mouse pointer into an hourglass during that time so the users know something is happening and don't try to reload, etc.. Anyone ever done this?

TIA Chris says: "It's time for a beer."

i don't know how to do the time but this is a start to turn the mouse in that

<style type=&quot;text/css&quot;>
body{
cursor:wait;}
</style>

Chris,
See the thread216-72470 in the javascript forum for how to do this.
HTH
Marc

Thanks for the input, I checked out the thread, Marc, but I forgot to mention that my pages are all ASP.NET pages, and I've found that trying to mix javascript in ASP.NET pages is a little tedious. Has anyone out there done this via ASP.NET? Or does anyone know how to make javascript code run when an ASP.NET button is pressed??? Thanks again!
Chris says: &quot;It's time for a beer.&quot;

ASP.NET shouldn't make any difference at all, after all it only outputs with plain ol' HTML Regards

David Byng

spider.gif

davidbyng@hotmail.com

Chris,

I havent done much with ASP.NET but I think you are right, mixing javascript and ASP.NET is slightly more dificult because an <asp:button> outputs its own onclick javascript code to submit forms and stuff, rather than being a plain old submit button.

I think the easiest way to do this would be to create a standard html button instead of an ASP.NET button and assign this your javascript code followed by a simulation of the ASP.NET onclick code but this in itself could cause you headaches and I'm not sure how much ASP.NET would like it.

As I said I not a ASP.NET developer so sorry if this isn't very helpful. [smurf]

OK, thanks everyone, I think I'll put this one on hold for awhile, it's a bit of an afterthought anyway... Chris says: &quot;It's time for a beer.&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back