Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn down a PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninetoes40

Technical User
Jan 5, 2010
US
We have 4 PRI's in our CS1000 and after doing traffic studies I think I can get rid of one of them. I want to test this and figured I would just turn down the d-channel and loop of one of the PRI's. Do I need to get AT&T involved? I would think that the calls would still come in and if I ran out of trunks then I would get a busy or all circuits busy. Someone here said that if AT&T didn't turn down their end the calls would go RNA.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Dave

Thanks, Dave

Just disable your d channel in ld 96 and disable the loop in ld 60 and the C.O. should see this and not route calls over that circuit.

When you disable them, run backups too, otherwise they may try to re-establish during midnight routines.

Unplug it from the smart jack also that will for sure kill it on the Telco side.

Ya know, this all sort of depends on how many D-Channels you have. If each Loop has a DCH, then you are good. You should just verify you are not taking down the primary or backup DCH

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Unplug from the smart jack and it wont matter how many d-channels you have.

What if that is the span with the backup DCH, or the primary, or the ONLY DCH, for that matter. We don't know what this poster sees or really has. If it was all clear, he would not be asking.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back