Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn a dell pc into a server

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirRaizer

Technical User
Feb 29, 2000
US
I have been trying to turn a dell pc into a server. I know it can be done cause I have done it before. I try to load netware 4.11 and every time the system attempts to load server.exe it crashes and reboots. Can someone help me?

What Dell are you using? What O/S is currently installed? How much memory do you have, hard drive space? Have you checked for fragmentation on the hard drive? How old is the PC? More detailed information would probably get more help :)<br>
<p>John Vogel<br><a href=mailto:johnvogel@homepage.com>johnvogel@homepage.com</a><br><a href= FreeDSL Service</a><br>[To a get FREE DSL Modem WITH FREE DSL Unlimited Internet Connection click the above link :)]

It is dell series T450. Dos 6.22 is running. I believe it is 13 gig HD with 128 MB Ram. Havent thought of fragmentation. The machine is fairly new, couple months old is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back