Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tunning for oracle 8i

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatchoy

MIS
Jul 19, 2001
JP
Hi

I am trying to install a new oracle 8i on HpUx 11i. I have not decide my final parameter yet like size of Shared Pool,
DB buffer cache,Log buffer cache,datafile redo file etc.I may need to change after installation.

Can I re-adjust all these parameter later after i had install oracle8i?
What kind of parameter or setting will not be able to re-set after installation?pls kindly advice.

Thanks in advance.

All initialization parameter files except db_name and db_block_size can be changed after you created the database. The datafiles can also be resized and the redo log files can be recreated.

These are basic knowledge only, it is adviseable to read more about creating the database from the Oracle manuals.
Robbie

"The rule is, not to besiege walled cities if it can possibly be avoided" -- Art of War

Hi fatchoy

I'm agree with Robbie, you have to study Oracle manuals.
Waiting it, you can find DB parameters in init.ora file in your Oracle home directory, and you can change it as Robbie says.

greetings
pritirchio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back