Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tunnel Routing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billberge

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2003
US
Howdy,

I recently setup VPN access and distributed the .pfc file to the end users who can now connect via Cisco VPN Client 4.8.00.044 through the Cisco PIX 515E. We also have a hard tunnel VPN connection through the same PIX to the facility that hosts the website where servers are located that we access from the corporate LAN.

The webmaster recently informed me that he cannot access the servers at the hosted facility when connected from home on the VPN. The corporate LAN is on a 10.0.0.0/22 network. The soft client distributes 10.100.100.0/24 addresses and has full access to any box on the 10.0.0.0/22 network. The hosted facility hands out addresses in the 172.28.192.0/24 range.

I guess I’m asking should it possible to hit the boxes on the 172.28.292.0 network from the 10.100.100.0 VPN? Can you double tunnel?

Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

I haven't had this issue from a pix before, but here are my thoughts... Hope this helps.

Most obviously can the home user create a direct connection from the home network to the hosted facility?

If not...Do you keep a local copy of the websites on the HQ network? If so, then have the user make the changes in the test environment and then upload the files from there.

If not...can you force logon to proxy in HQ to access the hosted facility...this would make the home user appear to come from an internal host?

I assume your pix 515E runs 6.x code and you will need 7.0 code to accomplish what you want.

Thanks for the replys. I am running code 6.3 on the PIX. Upgrading to 7.0 will take care of the routing of the traffic? Is there any additional configuration I need to make after the upgrade?

Perfect, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back