Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TUN WLPD printing freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

timev

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2003
GB
Whenever I try to print from SCO Openserver 5.0.4 to a local USB printer installed on a WinXP machine running Esker TUN WLPD it prints the first 2 pages of a 6 page document then it hangs and the Data light remains on, I am trying to print to a Brother HL-1250 laser.

I seem to remember something about adding a line in the Windows Registry for passive port printing enabled or something similar. Can anyone advise why printing hangs ?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

Tim

Make sure the :ex: option is not in the printcap entry on the sco system and the mx#0 option is.

otherwise it is a flow problem on the windows side.

Which version of EskerTun ?
For XP machine, it should be 11.51 (or newer).
For USB issues, the 12.0 seems to be better.
Can you try a demo install of the 12.0 version to see if this will solve your problem ?

Hope This Help
PH.

Thanks 'stanhubble' & 'PHV' for you advice.

'stanhubble': I have tried your suggestion to no avail, so I am thinking it could be a flow problem on the windows side as you suggest, do you have any further advice on this at all ?

'PHV': I am currently using XP Pro on all of the network pc's, 1 using TUN v9 with WLPD, working fine. 2nd machine is running XP Pro also but with TUN v10.1 with WLPD and this is the one that is failing to print say a 6 page document from SCO, it prints pages 1 & 2 ok then freezes with the data light on the printer remaining lit, upon pressing the data button page 3 is printed but only the top half of the document prints.

I have also tried using Windows Unix Print Services and this still fails the same.

I'm now thinking it to be a fault with the printer, being that its ready for the scrap heap and purchasing a new Unix compatable one (Say OKI 4300n), any further suggestions ?

Thanks all for any advice in advance!

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back