Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TTY randomly disables

Status
Not open for further replies.

kce9751

Programmer
Nov 18, 2008
US
I have a tty port that keeps randomly disabling. It does it daily sometimes and other times it will run 2 or 3 days before disabling. We have changed out the QSDI card and DTE/DCE cable. It appears to disable most frequently during the midnight routines when ld 43 is running. Any ideas? I suspect it is a software issue somewhere now as we have replaced hardware. Thanks.

Is the port and the Terminal/Device connected have the same flow control. Try both with Flow Control None.

I would lean more toward the terminal or device that is connected to it. Like bignose said flow control issue or something odd.
If possible I would leave the qsdi port disconnected for a couple of days. Odds are it wont disable.
Never had a QSDI port go bad unless lightning was involved

Thanks guys. I was thinking that the terminal might be causing it but this silly customer doesnt have another terminal we can connect to it. I'm going to have them disconnect the terminal and check configurations. No one has heard of a patch or anything that comes to mind on this?

if you have auto repeat turned on the terminal and lay something on the keyboard or place the keyboard so that it lays on the keys, after so many random characters it will disable the port.

In the older software it would stay disabled until until you enabled it from some other port. The newer software will enable automatically after a period of time. Don't what happens if the key stays depressed for a long period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back