Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TTY question

Status
Not open for further replies.

new2nortel2

Technical User
Apr 28, 2014
US
Hi,

There is a stand alone WXP PC used as a terminal connected to an Option 81 used to access the system for MAC work. Putty is used via Rlogin... the window is normally left opened and the session output is used for monitoring of the system's activity including error messages and verification that the nightly backup jobs have completed properly. I noticed that every time I logged in, I logged in via TTY 13... however this morning, I logged into the system and noticed that it changed to TTY 12 and there were no system messages for a couple days - ???? Can someone please explain what could have happened and how I can correct it/revert it back to TTY 13 with visibility into all system messages, etc...?

Thank you!

... nevermind ... got it worked out - thank you

Glad you have it worked out.

Tip for checking system messages and midnights. Use LD 22 and prt either the previous history log (phst - goes back to the last time the history file was printed) or the all history file (ahst- goes back as far as the buffer can hold).

LD 22
PRT
PHST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back