Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TTY Pinout for MC32S or MC32 VGMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdm

Technical User
Jun 2, 2014
US
Does anyone have the pinouts for TTY ports on the NTDW65AA MC32S or NTVQ01BB MC32 VGMC?

I have both of these cards and cannot get them to accept keys on the terminal session. I can receive text and see them boot, but can not interrupt boot or interact with them. I've tried multiple PCs with serial ports and know that they are working fine with other cards. I've tried using an "ITG Card Adapter" A0852632 with female DB9 and E-LAN/T-LAN ports. I've tried making connections from the 50 pin connector and using a pinout I found for MIRAN cards. I've tried making a cable for the mini-din connector on the front of the cards but I can't seem to find the right pinout. It seems unlikely that both cards are bad.

I'm also trying to figure out if there is a config file I can place on the CF to configure the IP and then perhaps telnet to the card. I've briefly tried setting up a BOOTP server to assign an IP and I can see the request from the card and my server responding to it but no IP assignment.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

I figured this out. I had tried two different serial ports on different linux PCs, but I was using the same terminal emulation software on both (minicom). Once I tried a third PC with Windows and PuTTY as the terminal I was able to interact with the MC32S. Something is different with minicom or the serial ports under linux than the ones under Windows and PuTTY. Something must be different with these cards as well since other card TTYs are fine on minicom (CPPM, MGC, etc.) I hope this helps someone troubleshooting a similar problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back