Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TTY phone on a CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam173

Technical User
Jan 3, 2005
CA
Hello to all,

I found this thread
thread799-1722109
which has helped. My question is are all TTY phones analog?
Need to install one on a CICS, I could use the analog port and that would be it?
Also, do TTY phones need a special line or are they simply an analog line? It would be obvious that if we need an ATA then it would be an analog line, but have to ask.

Any thoughts?

Sam

TTY device is analog, Never put one on a a phone system, usually they have a dedicated line directly connected.

Marv ccna

I am guessing it would work but check for ATA settings in programming under that DN and adjust if needed.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Is this a TTY device for the deaf?

Pardon my ignorance but the only TTY devices that I'm familiar with have acoustic couplers where you insert the telephone handset into the muffs on the TTY device.

If this is the case any phone digital or analog should work as long as the handset fits into the muffs.
The TTY protocol is 5 bits at 45 to 50 baud so I can't see why there would be a problem on a CICS. That's so slow you could almost send the data by smoke signal.

I'm told the person has a hearing implant, they can hear but need the volume to be amplified. I'm now thinking of recommending the noise cancelling handset.

I will give them both options but they want the person to be able to answer all 3 lines off the TTY phone and be able to transfer and page. From what I see the TTY seem to be a single line phone.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back