Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TTY/CDR setup 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramavi

Technical User
Nov 7, 2002
US
I'm trying to setup a cdr port on my 61c nt8d41ba card and cant seem to get any communication out of the ports. I believe i've covered everthing on lds 15 & 17. I've followed the steps off of Russells web page but no dice.
Help. How can I insure the card/ports are ok?

put sch under usr for your tty port. You can then connect to this port and should be able to login and out of the switch. This will tell you if your baud rate is correct etc.

I tried and still no comms. Not even garbage which i would expect if i had one of the settings wrong (baud, parity, etc). I even configured a new tty port (4) with just sch but got nothing.

the NT8D41 paddle board has a toggle switch - is it enabled.

What are your dip switch settings set for - baud and DCE/DTE

Are you using the nortel db9 to db25 cable (this is not a standard pinout)

Yes the board is enable (i even toggled it off then on again). the ports are all setup as dte 9600.
The cable im using however is a standard db9 to 25 cable. Where can I get the correct pin out?

Reusser,

Could you post that to me as well.

docjohn52@earthlink.net

Thanks man, hehe... Now I'm doing it

John

How can you output CDR to be saved to the PCMCIA card for Telecom Billing? Lynch
Williams Cos.
Voice Operations

Lynch - you can not out put to the PCMIA on the Option 11 switch but if you have one on a pc - you could. A pc would see the PCMIA card as another drive.

Reusser-
I was under the impression that you could for later retrieval of CDR data for Telecom Billing.

If I installed the card on the PC, how would the Meridain point to the card for sending out data?

I didnt want to use a Buffer Unit to capture the records and my other options where to either save to the database on the on the Meridian or collect it through the DBA application.

I am able to see the data when using the Data Buffering and Access application, but when you open up Telecom Billing for a particular system the records aren't the same. And they are not being saved so that at the end of the day I can pull in everything.

Thanks Lynch
Williams Cos.
Voice Operations

OTM cdr setup is not the easy. Maybe you can start a new post asking for a typical OTM CDR setup with DBA buffering. maybe someone will have a cheat sheet.

okay thanks, if you happen to get any info, pass it my way

Thanks Lynch
Williams Cos.
Voice Operations

Hi reusser,

Can u send me the 9-pin to 25-pin cable pinout. My email ID is mahi@fleurinc.com

regds,
Fruni

Can you send me the db9 - db25 pinouts for CDR output to dwarner@insinger.com?

Many Thanks

could you post the pinout on here for all who is interested?

After searching off and on for days for the crazy SDI pinout that northern uses for it's DB9 TTY ports I finally found it and figured I'd post it here to help others like me that are looking for it. God only knows why they didn't use a standard pinout. Here you go:

The DB9 ports for the SDI ports use "RS232 standards" for signaling, however the pinout is not standard DB9 and requires the use of Northern's cable to get a standard pinout on a DB25. Below is the wiring pinout to get from Northern's DB9 to a standard DB25.

DB9 DB25
Pin 1 Pin 8
Pin 2 Pin 2
Pin 3 Pin 7
Pin 4 Pin 4
Pin 6 Pin 3
Pin 7 Pin 20
Pin 8 Pin 6
Pin 9 Pin 5

Below is the pinout from Northern's DB9 to a standard DB9

DB9 DB9
Pin 1 Pin 1