Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TTY Baud Rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxis

MIS
Mar 10, 2003
US
How do I change TTY baud rates on my Option61? The main terminal is set to 1200 and watching dots draw on the screen gets really boring... It would be nice to at least get up to 9600.

PADDLE BOARD IN BACK OF SWITCH

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

baud rate is control on an SDI card. The card could be located in your net work shelf or on a double or quad sdi paddle board on the back of the one of the core shelves on the backplane. if you find out what type of card you have an d get a part number off of it i can send you a document showing the DIP swicth settings. Part number will start with a NT. You have to keep in mind that the board will have to be disabled before taking it out. you have to also be careful because the system monitor runs off of the paddle board and you can not down your system if you are not careful.

I was wondering the same thing. Now i know i have to look at the dip switches on the card itself. i thought it was a setting when creating the tty in the system ... when you say the board will have to be disabled, you mean disabling the tty or is it something else ?

Would need to disable all tty's on that card. Only tty's controled by software for the 61C would be the core and core modem connections.

quick tip, when you plug and unplug that card, do it very clean. when you plug it in the lamp lights well before the card is seated. if it does not go in all the way or go in clean, it will bring the switch down, hard. and it will not come up. your playing with a system interupt. the device number request a interupt, because of that, the system clock can take a hit if your not carefull.. just thought that might be of interest, i've made that mistake, and once was enough

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

now i'm worried haha
i've only figured out the basics so far and can't do much if the s*** hits the fan ... so i might call our phone guy to do this instead of doing it myself

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Just schedule for early morning or after hours.

i've done it mid-day, just be carefull. i have also changed the baud rate with the card plugged in. you just have to stand on your head (almost)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back