Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TTY 1 and TTY 2 ports stopped working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper27

ISP
Oct 17, 2012
US
Can anyone help me on this? I have a CS1000 5.0. When I left work yesterday everything was fine. When I returned today I was not able to use TTY 1 which is a serial connection into my PC that I used everyday for the past 2 years. I tried my partners PC which has TTY 2 and also a serial connection that always worked to no avail. I moved my serial port to TTY 3 and was able to login so I know its not a serial cable issue. No programming has been changed. Can I reseat the QSDI card without affecting service? Its currently seated in Core 0 which is the inactive core right now. I have heard that messing with TTY ports can sometimes cause the switch to INI. I don't want to drop 3000 users and get fired. Any thoughts?

That was the first thing I checked. We just disabled TTY 1 and TTY2 so we could reseat the QSDI card associated with them. We resated the card and now I can't even log into any TTY ports...... Yeah..... This is a fun day

An INI should not drop the calls unless there iss something else causing a problem, which I have seen it cause a sysload. An after hours or slow time frame would be best to do an INI though. If this a 61c or 81c try connecting to the cores (active) tty port, usually J25 on the back of the shelf. Don't use a nul modem adapter.

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

do you have cdr turned on? I have seen when the buffer is full it will disable the tty ports.

We swapped the cores and did an INI and TTY 1 and TTY 2 are still not working. TTY 3 works fine which is causing us to scratch our heads. They are all enabled when I stat in ld 37. I might just have to go to the backplane and give it a nice karate kick.......

I assume that the programming is still in tact? Verify that they didn't get outed. If these are a paddleboard, you may have lost that, but swap the core 0 and core 1 boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back