Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TSW with remote LIMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

trond345

Technical User
Dec 9, 2004
AE
Hi Guys,
I have a critical site in an airport with 12 LIMs-TSW.
6 LIMs are connected to the group switch in the same room.
The other LIMs are remote. the remote LIMs are connected to the group switch through the BIM transmission module.

the customer wants to replace the BIM by a new multiplexer equipment, so we have to connect the remote LIMs to the new equiment.

Please let's share the experience and let me know if there is any thing should I do from the TSW side before or during the hand over.

I have in the site a duplaicated group switch.
Should I remove the duplicated group switch first?? should I restart some program units during the hand over to the nwe transmission equipment??

Your cooperation is really appreciated.
Best Regards

In theory it should be a straightforward swap out to new multiplexers, in practise it's never that easy...

I haven't done a BIMs swap yet, but I have swapped out old Muxes for RADs without issue.

I swapped to the new MUXs. but as you said in theory its stright forward but on real it is not.
I had some issues with remote LIMs but at the end every thing works fine.
Thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back