Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TSAPI problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

alberton

Technical User
Feb 26, 2003
ES
Hi,

I've got periodically (each 15-19 days) an error in my Tsapi server. According with the Event Viewer, there is an Error in the System recording which says " The Avaya CVCT Server service has finished unexpectedly".
When this comes up the CTI link and system is interrupted.
The system is a Definity R.9.5. and the Tsapi Release 1.3. The Tsapi Server is a Windows 2003 Server.

Does anyone know what could be the problem with that service or what can I check to sove it?
Any idea will be appreciated.
Best regards.

Verify you don't have automatic updates enabled. You may be running anti-virus software. Make the CTI applicable directories exempt. Can also be events from a SMS server.

Jimbo

I do not know your setup, but if you are using DHCP for your IP address on the AES, it could cause this. Check your IP renew policy on the DHCP server to see the renewal interval and match this to the 15-19 days you are talking about

I wrote extensive TSAPI code in C++ and C# to run multiple PBX's and over 300 agents.

Since I am forced to use windows as my OS instead of *nix like I wanted. I am forced to restart the CTI/TSAPI applications nightly!

Windows is the WORST platform in the world to run tsapi stuff on!!! It's just too unstable for telephonic apps.

If you can do it... I would restart your tsapi service nightly to get a clean slate, free up memory, etc.

If you can run it on *nix, then I would convert it to that... U will have far less issues.

Good luck.

--Zow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back