Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TS Server issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ckoslow

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2004
US
When users are trying to log in and even the administrator accountm we get the following message

"you do not have access to logon to this session"

Any thoughts? we do have a 2003 TS licensing server ruuning on a 2003 member server

Hey, did you ever get an answer? I am having the same problem. Cannot logon to this session !

Do you have a Win2K license server, server may be pointing at that for licenses.

Have you activated license server ?

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

At the console of the TS, are you able to log in? Have you checked the policies to make sure that there are no entries that could cause this?
As Ascotta says, have you checked the licensing server to ensure that it is now activated?

yes I can login at the console with any of these users. all users including admin get the same msg when i try to connect via RDP. i thought the error would be different if this was a licensing issue.

I wish I had more info for you but I was 500 miles away so I had someone restart the box and everything worked fine.

A few notes. your TS licensing server MUST be on a Windows 2003 box. A windows 2k box will not correctly count the 2k3 TS cals as 2k3 cals.

I figure the problem had to do with people incorrectly logging off TS. I do have rules setup for disconnected/idle sessions but hey its Microsoft, when in doubt restart.

As to the notes about WIN2K3 license servers for TS yes they do, but I came across a site where they USED to have Win2K TS and re-installed to Win2K3 with same server name and it broke the TS licensing after 120 days. WIN2K3 was trying to get licenses from Win2K as Ckoslow says.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

insightbill,
Have you looked at your policies? Is there anyone in your Remote desktop users group? Check these and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back