Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TS RemoteApp over VPN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zych1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2012
US
Hello Everybody,

We currently have a terminal server that works great for remote desktops at other locations. However I was thinking of trying the RemoteApp feature. My problem is that everything talks about using this on the same network while attached to the DC or using Web Services. Is there a way to allow users to access a RemoteApp through a VPN while not connected to the DC? I have seen some things that make this seem possible but if so, how is this done? Any special way to setting up the RDP client to access a program and not a desktop?

Thanks,

Zych

Yes you should be able to use TSRemoteApps over a vpn connection. Typically you would create the remote app and generate an RDP file for the remote app and deploy that RDP file to the users. There are several ways you can deploy manually copy, script, gpo, etc...

Windows Haiku:

Serious error.
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Hi w33mhz. Thanks for the quick reply and appoligies for me taking so long to respond. I think you are correct but I got busy on another project. I did see some references that seemed to say this. Again, thank you for your response!

Zych

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back