Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TS RDP-TCP Config. Some Optiosn Grey Out Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javy1

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
Hey Guys,

I am just wondering why when I go into Terminal Services Configuration, then RDP-TCP properties, then Client Setting I have the following gray out.

Under Connection, "Connect Client Drives at Logon" is gray out.

Under Disable the Following, "Drive Mapping" is checked and gray out.

I really want my user be able to map their local drive into the terminal server. How do I active this. I am running W2K SP3 Server, with Terminal Services in Application Mode and using a Cisco Pix 506 VPN tunnel.

Thanks,

Javy

These options are available in Active directory users and computers. Open up the user you want, and click on "Environment" tab. You'll find everything you want there.

Hope this helps.

I know, it is funny. I have checked all of the client devices options and clients still not able to map their local drive into a terminal service session. It is driving me nuts. Any other guess?

Try sharing the drive your trying to connect to before creating the session.

Click the question mark in the top right corner of the Properties window, and then click on greyed out options and it will tell you the answer.

It looks like these options are only supported for Citrix ICA clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back