Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TS Printer Prints to PRN, not LPT1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT2000

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
RU
Hey people,
I have a Canon BJC hooked up to a computer in a remote office. The printer is physically hooked up to a computer. The user who sits at that computer uses Terminal Services. When she used to log on to the Terminal Server, she had no problems with printing. Now, ever since I made the server use High Encryption and had to reinstall a new modified version of Terminal Client Manager, the Terminal Session detects the printer, but it tries to print to the PRN port rather than the LPT1 port. I tried reinstalling the printer, and I also tried to change the port manually, neither helped. The port keeps on switching back to PRN. Any help is always appriciated! Thanx!
Mike

Oh, one more thing. If I manually choose LPT1 when in the Terminal Session, everything works fine, but if I logon and off the session, the port switches back to PRN.
Mike

I would suggest sharing that printer on the client and then once the client is logged in map to the printer as LPT1, using a net use statement.

Net Use LPT1: \\client\printer

It will remember to map the printer as LPT1 each time the client logs in.

I tried that too, but it doesn't help either, maybe I'll try again, thanx for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back