Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TS black screen 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexJhb

MIS
Dec 13, 2001
ZA
Accpac 5.4A on Terminal Server.
Print report at server = OK
Print from a remote desktop Terminal Server session, all the crystal reports are black in the report body area.

They look fine on my 5.4 TS. Try adjusting the number of Display colors on the properties of your RDP client. I use 16 million.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Using 256 colours for bandwidth. Reloaded display and printer drivers. No change.

Sorry, I'm out of ideas. Nobody has reported this issue yet, and I started doing beta testing of this version several months ago.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Try a different printer/driver, if you are previewing it does not matter which printer driver you use, so try one of the common HP laser printers.
In the past there has been issues with some printers and drivers, maybe you are running into a similiar problem.

Hi Ettienne
I believe this is a problem because the TS version is 2000. It needs to be upgarded to 2003. The OS is 2003 but the TS is still the old one.
Will be going on site on Monday to see if this is the case.
Will confirm with you guys.

Geniet die naweek!
Ken jy enige goeie ontwikkelaars met VB.NET, ASP.NET en MS-SQL ondervinding wat in SA werk soek? Al is did net vir 'n twee maande projek?
Alex

TS is part of the OS, so you cannot have mixed versions. Maybe you are talking about Citrix?

Sorrie, ek ken nie eintlik meer mense in SA nie. Ek weet Prakash doen kontrak werk, jy kan dalk by Priscilla uitvind. Henry werk nou saam met Vermeulen, en Wikus is by Morne hulle.

Not Citrix. Ok. I know the OS is 2003 so this must then be something else. I will try your suggestions of the drivers.

Ken jy enige goeie ontwikkelaars met VB.NET, ASP.NET en MS-SQL ondervinding wat in SA werk soek?"

Ek sal my linker knater gee vir 'n paar van daai in Vancouver!

I have the same problem.
Accpac 5.4a on TS 2000.

Additional information.

For PO module which still on version 5.3B using Crystal 8.5 that I have no problem previewing reports. For all other 5.4 modules, the preview of a crystal report shows a black screen.

Accpac 5.4 uses Crystal XI.
Prior versions of Accpac used Crystal 8.5 - the fix was to copy C:\Windows\Crystal\*.* to C:\Windows\System32 on the TS.
Crystal XI does not install to C:\Windows\Crystal anymore, so copying these files does not fix the problem for Accpac 5.4
I'm still trying to figure out which files need to be copied where, but if anyone has an idea please give us a hint.
In the mean time I'm trying to remove a darn trojan that found its way onto my test TS server and was sending out Paypal emails, just great.

Ettienne -

On a fresh Windows 2003 server with 5.4 Accpac, I've found that there is no copying of Crystal DLL's necessary to get it running, unlike the 8.5 and before days.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Jay,

OK, so it might be the old 8.5 files messing around with 5.4 reports. In 5.4 I'm getting a Crystal print preview which is black.
Time to format my test server I guess, get rid of the trojan at the same time.

How would I clean out Crystal 8.5?

There are some notes about black screens on the businessobjects web site. So this problem does appear elsewhere and is not confined to A4W. However, I am struggling to sift through the articles to find anything meaningful.

Have also had 4 systems now where the menu items disappear on some of the modules. Most often with GL. Very strange. Two of the systems were loaded from scratch after the virus scare from two weeks ago. They (virus) were detected but somehow still damaged the OS as it went very slow after that. So reloaded but still had the funnines with A4W. And Cashbook 5.4 is another story with all it's bugs.

Will keep looking.

Have you guys had problems with Pervasive SQL 9.1 and 9.5? I found if I did work on my system with 9.5 and dumped it, I could not load it at the client with 9.1. Had to load the Sp2 patch first so everything was 9.5.

I hate all versions of 9.x, the new Java PCC sucks, and performance can be worse. As long as Accpac runs on version 8.7, I'm going to use it, both in the office and at all my clients.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Still no solution. Am going to apply a service pack to see if that sorts it, but there seems to be 2 versions of Business Objects 11. Any idea which one Accpac uses?

I have the same problem - fresh 2003 server (ts) with all updates. Installed 5.4 activated all, converted old databse (5.1) Pervasive 9.0. Any type of report I do is black screen for preview, but if I go ahead and print (say to MS doc writer) it then show up normally on the screen. I've try putting the crystal folder just abaout eveywhere I can think that may be helpful. I;ve try many types of printers including HP lasers to lexmark laser to PDF writer. I'm not sure if this helps but... before I activated any of the 5.4 modules, I had to generate different report as the test data I used had unfinished accounting business (posts, and batches). 5.4 at that time was installed but not activated and everything was fine - NO black screens.

Change your RDC display settings to True Color (15bit) or higher.
There is also a fix out for Crystal on the Business Objects web site.

Thanks bringing up my rdp colors from 256 to 16 bit works perfect!!
THANK YOU!

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back