Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tryng to import vector graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pubah

Technical User
Aug 29, 2002
BR
Hi,

Im working as a graphic designer for an architecture office. I need to insert some vector graphics elements from CorelDRAW to customize some "project boards" --including techical information about each project.

My initial intention was export some graphics as 1:1 EPS files. But i was informed Autocad cant handle this format.

I try to export as DXF and graphcis looks "low rez" when printed.

Whats is the best --or the only-- way to export vector graphics to Autocad?

Any thing can be wrong in the import procedure?

Thanks a lot,
André

André,

Your method is about the only way to do it from CorelDRAW. I'm not a Corel user but you check to see if there are some variables you can control when it comes to outputing the DXF file. The other option AutoCAD can handle is WMF, or STL files. I think though either way some of your graphics are probably going to need "touching" up once inside AutoCAD. If I remember right Corel is Raster based where AutoCAD is Vector based. So when Corel creates the DXF file, it is probably chopping the graphics into little line segments. Depending on WMFout put, AutoCAD usually converts these into polylines which you could then smooth from within AutoCAD.

HTH
Todd

Todd,

Thank you very much. I'll try to export as WMF. The main issue is my cleint dont know so much about Autocad and I'm just a graphic designer --working with Adobe and Corel stuff.

All the best,
Carlos André
carlosandredesign.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back