Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trying to set up my first NAT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2001
US
I have two routers that are giving me the same error. So most likely it isn't the router, but maybe someone can help me. I am trying to establish static and dynamic nat for my network. Having a challenge with the router accepting nat command. First router Cisco 7206VXR (NPE225) IOS (tm) 7200 Software (C7200-P-M), Version 12.0(17)S2

My second router is a Cisco 3604. This is my config file.

en
config t
enable secret password
hostname hostname
exect-time 0 0
logging synchronous
ip nat inside source list 7 interface FA 1/1 overload
ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.1.8 80 72.2.33.2 80
int fa 1/0
ip address 10.10.1.1 255.255.255.0
ip nat inside
no shutdown
exit
int fa 1/1
ip address 72.2.33.2 255.255.255.224
ip nat outside
exit
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 72.2.33.2 130.13.12.1
exit
copy run start

When ever I try to enter a nat command, it gives me a
%Invalid input detected at "^" marker% which is pointing to NAT. I am starting to think the IOS that I have on my router does not support NAT. If this is true which IOS do I need to get. Thanks for the help.

What is the actual IOS file name? or what does the SHOW VER show us? if it's IP only, then yes, you need a different version of IOS..

MikeS Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Yes, the IOS may be upgraded and or your inputting the wrong commands. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

The system image file is "disk 0:c7200-p-mz.120-17.s2" If this isn't the right IOS, which IOS allows me to perform NAT and where could I go to get the new IOS?

I did some research that yielded the "-p" in the system file means that NAT is not supported in this model. "-j" is needed for the NAT feature to be supported. Still a little fuzzy on changing or upgrading my IOS. Is that something I would require an additional purchase or can I download the new version. Thanks

You can download it if you have a contract on the router with Cisco. The other option is to purchase it. I have seen various IOS packages on sale at eBay in the past. I would start there for it to be cheap :)

MikeS
Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back