Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to set height of subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRBeltman

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2004
NL
Hi,
I am trying to set the height of a subreport by using a formula in the report header or page header.

I have no idea how to do this,
but need it, cause every time I open the report the subreport height seems to be reset to something like 0.1 instead of the 0.04 I set. No idea how this happens.... Grow etc are off.

I am using Crystal 8.5

Hope someone can help

JR (IT = Logic (except for a well known OS where it equals luck) -> Back to the Basics!

Are you using format->object size and position to do this? I don't think it's possible to get the subreport height lower than .09. At least it appears to revert to that after attempting to make it smaller.

-LB

Top of my head:
I right click the subreport, select 'object size & position' and set the height to .04

It works in like 10 reports and I have read many posts that tell me .04 is the absolute minimum....

But for some bizarre reason it doesnt stick in this report.

I obviously do this because my subreport gets values that are used in the next group footer for totals.... usual story...

Anyway. I hoped to be clever and make the sub report resize when I run the report :) I can set it really small then and wouldnt worry about the saving of the report

JR (IT = Logic (except for a well known OS where it equals luck) -> Back to the Basics!

Okay, I just figured out that if you retain the subreport border, the minimal height you can get is .09, but if you remove the border, you can save it at .04.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back