Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to save a trip to the custom 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichTanner

Vendor
Nov 18, 2016
US
Trying to save a trip to the customer with PC to ck alarms. have a "SG" on the display below the X10. I know S=Alarm, what is the G

G = Group. The user is a member of a group and has that membership enabled.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

What about taking some BASIC training before maintaining IP Office systems?

Because this a the most basic question even asked here...

Wow, you're a great help. Sorry to waste your precious time.

Rich, sorry if your expectation was to be cossetted and wrapped in cotton wool but these are "INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS".

Whilst we all avoid Basic Edition systems like the plague if possible, you have customers using it so an obligation to know a bit more than they do and the G on the phone display is a very low hurdle. And whilst you've made no effort to say thank you for the help given, you've demonstrated great speed when slighted.

The IT department of the company I work for, force me to make a search of their knowledge base before I can raise a ticket on anything. Maybe it would be good if Tek-Tips did the same, since Googling "G on Avaya phone display" would have got you the answer in under a second.

To save time in future:

B = Barred
D = Diverting (Forwarding) Calls
G = Group Member (In Group)
N = No Calls (Do Not Disturb)
O = Out of Service
T = Twinned
R = Resilience
S = System Alarm
P = Parked calls
H = Held calls.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Rich,

You're talking about 'going to the customer'.

So I assume you charge him, while you do not have the slightest basic knowledge.

I think that is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back