Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to restore individual mailboxes from Exhange 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2003
US
I have Exchange 5.5. I have no problems backing up the mailboxes. However, when I try to restore a mailbox for testing, I get an error

E8601 Failed to connect agent (Agent=\\backupserver\dbaxchg2)EC=DBagent does not exist

The job crashes. ANy clues?

On the offline test server, I'm guessing that you have install the exchange agent, and when selecting to restore, checked the permissions.

I know this is slightly off-topic for this forum, but Exmerge is a pretty good alternative to Brick-Level backups if you have the disk space.

I know this doesn't help with your current problem, but you might want to consider it for the future. It's priceless when someone deletes email by mistake and you're able to open the exmerge'd PST and get it back for them in a couple of minutes.

I still use the exchange agent to backup the info store, but don't bother with the brick-level.

D

I'm the same i don't do bricklevel backups. Have a good enough system, whereby external emails are easily retrieved via mailsweeper, and if we need to get anything back of internal email, Exchange 2000 has a 30 day deletion period. With an offline exchange server it only takes a couple of hours to get the email back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back