Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trying to produce w3c valid code....but id tags are invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgriffith

MIS
Jul 3, 2001
US
if i have a control with an id="q", when my page is rendered the control takes on the id="_ctl0_q". there's no functional problem, but i'd like to have my pages w3c valid, and id's are not allowed to begin with an _ according to spec. any idea on how i can get rid of it?

much thanks. mike griffith
----------------------------
mgriffith@lauren.com
mdg12@po.cwru.edu

any idea on where the clientid prefix comes from?? is the "_ctrl0__" intrinsic to asp.net, or is there some way that i can change it (to something like "ctrl0__" by setting some value somewhere??

anyone?? mike griffith
mgriffith@lauren.com
mdg12@po.cwru.edu

nevermind, i'm an idiot...all it was was that i needed to specify an id for the control...i got all confused because i'm using this crazy templating scheme, and i forgot a simple underlying principle, and all i needed to do was assign an id property to some string when i dynamically loaded my shell control

mike griffith
mgriffith@lauren.com
mdg12@po.cwru.edu

Glad you got it. Thanks for posting an answer to the question. It's better if all the threads have some sort of finality That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark
If you are unsure of forum etiquette check here faq796-2540

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back